Here are some highlights of our California trip. Seriously. It is GORGEOUS there. If I could I would totally live there. Something about the ocean and the mountains.
I know. She is seriously ADORABLE
I love taking these pics on the beach. You know it is interesting how you can say you have been somewhere and it is funner to say that you are going than to actually be there. Take the zoo for example. You say lets go to the zoo. Sounds like fun huh? Yes. I agree. Walking for miles seeing caged animals who are hiding in the 110 degree weather. Yes. So much fun.
But the beach. You say you are going ot the beach. Well that is just as awesome to actually be there. We had so much fun playing in the sand. Burying each other. Ok Doug and Mikenna. Me, not so much interested in having sand in so many places.
If you look closer you can see we wrote Daxton in the sand.
The San Diego temple is absolutely breathtaking.

Of course the highlight was at Sea World with ELMO. It was amazing. So awesome. The look on Savannah's face. Priceless. She was actually speechless and for those of you who know her. It is VERY uncommon to see her speechless. She just walked up to him, put her arms around his neck, and gave him the biggest smile EVER.
Ok. My husband grew up on a farm. How could I pass by the cow with the sunglasses?
The girlies we went to Cali with. It. Was. Awesome.
Some highlights from this last weekend.
Last week we had the opportunity to go to San Diego and just get away. It was awesome. We stayed in a condo right on the beach. The view was amazing. The company was amazing.
As soon as we got to the condo, of course, I had to pee. I ran into the bathroom and looked over. You know what happened next. I noticed there was no toilet paper. Oh no. Now what? I heard our friends going in and out unloading their stuff. I heard the kids going up and down the stairs. I looked in all the cupboards and drawers. To no avail. AWKWARD!
And that is how our trip began. We went to Sea World, to the beach, and to a fun little children's museum. It was a blast. It was a good getaway. We liked making new memories together as a family. Maybe we will make it a tradition to go to San Diego every year.
The Earls were so great to let us use their beach condo. They are so very kind. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making it possible for us to be together as a family at this time in our lives. We had a great time.
If you all want to check it out you can click here .
The beach does something for you. It refreshes you. It gives you a new look. A new perspective. There is a high tide and a low tide. Much like the highs and lows of this last year. There are many waves that keep coming and going. You know they will always be there. You can stand out in the water and let the waves crash over you, or you can dive over and under them or with them.
Reminds me of trials. We can choose how we are going to handle them. Will we head them face on? Will we let them crush us? Will we come out on top? It all depends on us.
This last year has been full of waves, high tides, and low tides. But I have not done it alone. I know that Daxton is with us. I know that he watches over us. I know that he loves us and keeps us safe. I can feel him. He is near. He will always be near. He will always watch over us.
But the beach. You say you are going ot the beach. Well that is just as awesome to actually be there. We had so much fun playing in the sand. Burying each other. Ok Doug and Mikenna. Me, not so much interested in having sand in so many places.
Some highlights from this last weekend.
Last week we had the opportunity to go to San Diego and just get away. It was awesome. We stayed in a condo right on the beach. The view was amazing. The company was amazing.
As soon as we got to the condo, of course, I had to pee. I ran into the bathroom and looked over. You know what happened next. I noticed there was no toilet paper. Oh no. Now what? I heard our friends going in and out unloading their stuff. I heard the kids going up and down the stairs. I looked in all the cupboards and drawers. To no avail. AWKWARD!
And that is how our trip began. We went to Sea World, to the beach, and to a fun little children's museum. It was a blast. It was a good getaway. We liked making new memories together as a family. Maybe we will make it a tradition to go to San Diego every year.
The Earls were so great to let us use their beach condo. They are so very kind. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making it possible for us to be together as a family at this time in our lives. We had a great time.
If you all want to check it out you can click here .
The beach does something for you. It refreshes you. It gives you a new look. A new perspective. There is a high tide and a low tide. Much like the highs and lows of this last year. There are many waves that keep coming and going. You know they will always be there. You can stand out in the water and let the waves crash over you, or you can dive over and under them or with them.
Reminds me of trials. We can choose how we are going to handle them. Will we head them face on? Will we let them crush us? Will we come out on top? It all depends on us.
This last year has been full of waves, high tides, and low tides. But I have not done it alone. I know that Daxton is with us. I know that he watches over us. I know that he loves us and keeps us safe. I can feel him. He is near. He will always be near. He will always watch over us.
7 comments:
Looks like tons of fun. I have only been to San Diego once but I really would like to go again.
It looks like you guys had a great time! I love the pic of Savannah with Elmo - that is the biggest smile I've ever seen! And speechless? Wow! The pic of your family on the beach is so beautiful. You should blow it up and frame it.
I am so glad that you guys were able to get away. Don't you just love the San Diego temple? Isn't it gorgeous? Did you get to do a session while you were there? Christian and I went just after we were married, and it is absolutely breath taking. I love your cute family and your wisdom. I continue to look up to you.
I'm so glad you had a blast! Sorry we missed you, but we'll be catchin ya soon! Love u!
ps...lookin good doug half naked and all! ;)
The trip looks like it was awesome! I hope it was everything you needed it and wanted it to be! Thanks for sharing and for your insight. I loved your description of the beach.
I'm a bit jealous. I think next year you might have to invite Logan and I along for the fun. I'm glad you all had such a great trip. I bet the girls loved Sea World. Can't wait to see you this weekend!
I LOVE the temple picture in SD. I want to fly out there for that photo op myself!
What a blessing it is to get away on vacation with your family, I'm a little jealous. My vacation is not for another month, but oh how I look forward to it with your teasing photos. :) (Now if I can get my kids to get along during the car ride...)
((HUGS))
Jackie
Post a Comment