Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Going to Mexico

The other night (or tonight), I was watching a show and one of the story lines was about a little girl with TaySachs who was 5 years old. It is a terminal illness and this child was dying. Her father was so concerned about getting her the best treatment and wanted to take her to Mexico for a 'new procedure' and didn't have time to see what was right in front of him. His daughter. Slipping away. He finally realized that he wasn't going to get his daughter to Mexico in time before died.

As she was slipping away he told her that they were going to make it Mexico. They were going to where the sky was so blue and the sand was so white and the water was so clear they could see all the way to the bottom. It was then that she fell asleep silently in his arms. While I am not entirely sure that such a place exists, I can see the irony.

One of the nights we were talking about grief and our journey on this road the thought came to me that there had better be ice cream in Heaven. But I think that there will be something BETTER than ice cream in Heaven. The food, if there is any, will be more delicate and extraordinary than I can even imagine. The sky will be so blue. The water will be so clear. The mansions above will be so white. It will be so pure. It is where I will see my baby again when I am reunited with him. I can't imagine anything more perfect than that day. Than that time. In heaven.

6 comments:

Taylor Anne Vail said...

I can't imagine a more perfect time either. My thoughts and prayers are continuously with you.

Neener said...

I was watching the same show on Thursday night...my eyes were brought to tears durung that part as I to believe there is a better place waiting for us and for our babies.
Take care.
Love;
Angel Tanner's mom.

Franklin Family said...

As I watched that show on Thursday night, I came to tears a couple of times as I watched this sweet little girl. I am so glad that her dad was able to snap back to reality in time to hold his little girl as she passed away. Made me want to go to my daughter's room and touch her face. Gratitude filled my heart as I thought of heaven as well.

Suzanne Maughan said...

I just had to comment again on your blog and say it is so nice to put your name to your face. I see pictures of your beautiful children on here but meeting you at Kami's bridal shower where Savannah helped feed my daughter so sweetly was nice for me. Then, to get to talk to sweet Savannah again at the reception, oh she is a doll! She was so kind, telling me I have a very cute baby. I just love her personality. I know you have talked about her special needs on the blog but having only seen pictures, I wasn't quite sure what to expect but she reminds me so much of my baby brother. I love the sweet spirit that I felt around her, just knowing she is perfect. Little children are so non-judgemental of any person they meet and I just wish I could more fully explain what a smile she brought to my face twice this past week. I dont read blogs of people I don't know very often but through what Kami has said about you and from reading your blog, I do feel like you are not a stranger. I hope your sweet family is having a wonderful week.

Have a blessed day! said...

What a remarkable dad, to be able to be there for his child in those precious last moments.

My prayers continue for you and your family.

((hugs))
Jackie

Annie and the Boys... said...

Stupid Gray's! Lauren and i texted through it... stupid gray's... if they don't start being a bit brighter a'm boycotting! I can't cry EVERY thursday night! Love you sister friend! stupid gray's!