Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, April 13, 2009

2-in-1

EASTER

Well I worked this last weekend so I have been "out." But I am back for a few minutes.

5 days leading up to Easter we started to talk about Jesus and the Atonement and the "true meaning" of Easter. I have struggled with this holiday this year because of the Easter Bunny. It really has nothing at all whatsoever to do with our Savior, so I didn't "really" participate in it.

Each night we had a special lesson on Christ and the sacrifice He made for us. I tried to tie into it that He suffered for not only our sins but our sorrows and He made it possible for us to live with Daxton again. We went to the cemetery and had a mini lesson and picnic at his grave and talked about what we can do to live again with him. Then Doug and the girls watched "The testaments" on Friday night on the projector. For those of you who haven't seen it, it is about Jesus Christ coming to the Americas. It is phenomenal. The girls loved it. Mikenna says, "Daddy, I want to watch this movie EVERY day."

I hope that they at least learned that Easter is about the Savior.

On Sunday, I got home from church and put an easter basket outside the front door and told the girls that the easter bunny had left them something special. I only got them swimsuits and some stickers. I had some great ideas given to me for next year, but I was working and couldn't get to them. Then we went to grandma's and did a little egg hunt in the back yard. It was super fun. Savannah kept opening all the eggs and didn't even mind that Mikenna found them all. THANKS MOM!

P90X

Well it is time to rid myself of this "baby fat." Well the excuse of baby fat :). SO I have started to do the P90X dvds. IN 90 days I will post a before pic and after pic (that is subject to change on the before pic). But each Monday I will update you all on how it is going. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good luck with your work outs! You seem like a determined women so I'm totally betting on you to do it! =)