Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

I just spent three VERY great days in Las Vegas with my new friends Stephanie, Michelle, and Tiffany. It seems as if I have known them forever. I know that our friendship was orchestrated by our little angels; Daxton, Camille, and Jack. I know they are missionaries in Heaven and they sent each of us to meet each other.

While there, we enjoyed MANY cookies, chocolate chip and sugar cookies. SO YUM. So much for P90X this week. I did the work outs, but well, it was SO worth it. I enjoyed the time I had just "being" with girls who "know." We spent one night with all us girls just talking, crying, exercising, and enjoying each others company without all the pretenses. The next day Tiff came over to Steph's and we just hung out. I was glad to get to know them better. I had only talked on the phone and texted Tiffany so it was nice to put her name with a face. It is interesting how when you meet someone, you right automatically know that they are going to be great friends. You connect with them on a deeper level than you even have with anyone else and well you know what I mean. It was like that.

I appreciate the time that we spent together, to know such amazing women, to help me on this journey of grief. I know that I could not do it without them. Each of their heartbreaking stories give me strength to go on. I know that if they can do this, then so can I.

I am also grateful for all my friends, family, and you for the support that I receive from each of you. With you, I can do anything. Really. Even lose a child. (And I pray not another).

2 comments:

Coby said...

Britt, it was so amazing to actually be with you in person. I honestly feel like I've known you forever...which very well may be! I had so much fun and was able to really be myself with girls who "know". I talked my husband's ear off on the way home. The cookies...oh my the cookies....were simply AMAZING! I had saved ONE for my husband to witness the yummiest cookies ever made and actually made him eat it as soon as I walked in the door. Otherwise there wasn't a chance he'd get even a little taste. I know the recipe is a secret...but if you ever start feeling loopy enough to give it out....I want to be on the speed dial list! :) There wasn't enough time spent between you, Steph, and Michelle. Thank you for driving up.

Loves to you!!

Tif

Shelly Geller said...

Love you! It was wonderful to meet you. You are a strong, beautiful, wonderful woman. Daxton is lucky to be your little man. Much Love,
~Michelle
ps. I am right there with Tiffany if you are ever feeling loopy and really have the desire to share. . . PALEASE put me on the speed dial list for those cookies too. Loves!