Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Growing older

Mikenna likes to wake up in the morning and annoyingly ask me, "Mommy what are we going to do today? Can I go to a friend's house?" This all wouldn't be so annoying if it wasn't at 745 in the am and I am STILL IN BED ASLEEP!!! I know I am lazy. But? What do you do? I have a newborn... along with a STRONG desire to stay in bed that I fight daily.

As usual, well mostly usual, Mikenna won our little "What are we going to do" game today and went to play at a friend's house. I took her at 930 and she stayed until school and was home around 3. When I dropped her off, she said, "Mommy, what are we goign to do after school?" (SERIOUSLY???? You are playing at a friend's house right now, don't worry about it!!!) To which I responded lovingly, "We are just going to stay at home." She says, "Why? Because I will be gone all day and you will miss me?" Oh sister, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Don't get me wrong, I was grateful for Isabella time, but I am used to Mikenna being at home and I would much rather have her home annoying me than being away from me. It was too quiet this morning. I didn't even have the desire to do much that was on my list, because I was so sad she wasn't here. I know. PATHETIC.

What am I going to do when she is in Kindergarten all day next year. I am already so sad. I NEVER thought I would be sad to see her go. She is tough for me. We butt heads often. But I will miss her. It will be just me and Isabella. Which led me to thinking that it should be me and Isabella and Daxton.... and then I was sad.

Today I remembered that when I had him in the shower with me, I would wrap him in a towel and place him on the floor of the shower while I did my thing after I had bathed him. I also remember the way he would look at me. He could speak volumes with his eyes. He told me how much he loved me each time I picked him up and each time I nursed him. He was a little impatient when he woke up. He wanted to eat RIGHT NOW. And all heck would break loose if you didn't either have a bottle or a boob waiting for him when you walked into the door of his room. I miss him.

When Savannah walked into the house after school she said, "Mommy, I want to go to Aunt Drana's and see the two twins. Call her?" So to the two twins we went! Along with a four wheeler ride, dinner, changing diapers, clothes, getting peed on, and many more exciting happenings when playing with two twins who are only 4.5 months old :).

6 comments:

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Uno does that too! I hate it! It makes me feel like somehow staying home makes me a bad mom. If someone would have told me that being a mom also makes you a social director I would have chosen a career where you actually get paid for it!
I have to tell you, on a serious note, that because of you and Daxton I purposely create memories in my head of my baby boy. I hope that, even if he outlives me, that when he is grown up and doesn't cuddle anymore or is telling me that he doesn't think I am cool that I will be able to conjure up those little feelings that I had with him when he was with me, head on my shoulder and loving me just because I was his everything. I can't tell you how it has changed my perspective on my kids and being their mom.

Rusty and Jacquie said...

I love reading your blog. You have a way with words and I have to say your children say and do some of the funniest things. My dad would come home with stories that savanah would say in class and we would crack up for like a week. I have to say that story about the women in conference brought me to tears. I can't even comprehend the feeling. There are things we think we can't handle but then our Heavenly Father gives us a little more strength day by day. Your children are ALL adorable by the way. I look at Daxton and am mesmerized by his beautiful eyes.

Tiffany said...

You are such an amazing mom! I just love you! I can't wait to see you FINALLY! :) I"m up for anything. We're off to Mexico tomorrow morning...so I'll let you know more solid details when we get back as far as playing in Vegas with Steph. Loves!

Larsen said...

He is so cute. I love his beautiful blue eyes.

Michelle
Gavin's Mom

JLynn said...

Isabella is such a beautiful baby!!! Daxton has such an angelic face, His eyes look very telling in all the pictures you share. You do such an amazing job remembering & journaling ALL the precious details/conversations you have with your children. Your thoughts and sentiments are always so memorable & powerful. It's such a blessing you share them with others. Thank you.

kristi said...

gosh I think she will have quite the social life as she gets older!