Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, January 7, 2013

Back in the saddle

As I was on my morning run, just a mere 6 miles (at a fair pace), but not the 16 I ran in Saturday... I noticed the business of the morning. The hub ub of daily living. It was early, like 6:30am and there were many people getting ready to go about their day hustling from here to there. It was a nice observation. It is a new day a new month a new year.

I am training for the Phoenix full marathon. Call me crazy. I know I am. You don't have to call me crazy. I thought about getting a sticker that said 25.8 miles and putting it on the back of my Yukon, just to piss all the runners out there off. I must insert here that I have run a full before. In fact this will be the third full j have trained for. You may remember (if u are a die hard follower) that 3 years ago I was training for the Sedona and on my last long run I injured myself so badly that I couldn't walk for days (literally) and didn't run for a year (steroid shots physical therapy no running and sweat and tears).

So I am glad to be back in the saddle again. Brings a smile to my face. I am going to try to shed a few of these extra pounds n see if that won't shave some time off my clock ;). Today a sub 4 (less than 4 hours) marathon would really make me happy. We will see what tomorrow (and race day) brings. I have enjoyed my runs with various people/good friends and conversations. The training is always WAY harder than the marathon. Feels good to train, to have a goal, to push myself beyond personal limits. Here's to a sub 4!!!

Here are some pics for your enjoyment and pleasure ;)







2 comments:

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Your 25.8 comment made me snort out loud. So funny! Congrats on training for your marathon. I wish I could force myself to be a runner.

jen said...

Only people who have forced themselves that last .4 mile will understand how funny that comment is.
Sub-4--here's rooting for you! That's what I was aiming for the year we trained St G and I had the flu so bad the day before. You can do it, especially if you're training with Jay and Amy.

When will it warm up enough for a bike ride?