It is interesting in life how we go through stages. We learn, grow, laugh, cry, make new friends, lose old ones, stretch ourselves, and so much more.
I love the little stages that my children go through. I love the stages where they are at.
Kisserbella is 9 ½ months old. This is the FUNNEST stage. Everything is new to her. Everything around her is something to experiment, something to try, something to learn. She is like a sponge soaking up knowledge, inputting in her little brain everything she can. I love how she says ma ma ma or da da da. I love how she crawls around solely to follow me to see what I will do next.
I love to watch her play with the older girls stuff and then to see them get frustrated with her. I love her smile, her laugh, her clapping, when she learns something new. I love her cute little teeth that she plays with with her tongue all day (which I mistakenly think is a foreign object). 9 to 18 months is a fun time for me. It is right before they become too mobile and too curious and just after they are little babies. They develop personality and it sure shines through my Kisserbella.
Mikenna is doing math, reading, and learning how to be socially appropriate at school. She wants to please her teacher (and sometimes me) and she wants to make friends. She is kind of the big sister of the group and she enjoys that role. She is much like a little sponge soaking up all that she can. I can’t believe how grown up she is getting.
She is my helper, my rival, and my friend. It is fun to watch her personality bloom (or explode rather) to see what she will do next. She is my 6 year old going on 16 (I hear this isn’t that uncommon). She helps me around the house. She takes care of her sisters. This early childhood is really fun for me to watch. I get to teach her, reason with her, but heads with her, and find common ground where we can both come together and get along. I love to see her at school, answering questions, reading her books, helping the other students. I can’t believe how fast time has flown. I can’t believe she is gone all day from me.
She is learning to read. Did you get that? READ. I couldn’t believe it and I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes. She knows how to READ. Ok we aren’t talking anything crazy, but was reading words like van, man, can…. For her teacher. It was incredible. Now I think that when she gets home all that information disappears from her brain, because she won’t FOR THE LOVE do it for me, but that is beside the point.
She knows how to navigate the computer. I never thought I would see the day when she would be able to handle a mouse by herself or READ!!!! I can’t believe how far she has come. She helps me with Kisserbella. ALWAYS making sure she has a clean diaper, clean clothes, and is fed. She even helps get her out of her crib in the morning (ya. I am sure that is one I DON’T want to see….), which btw I don’t necessarily approve, but the more I tell her she can’t do something…. The more she will. Sound familiar? NO J
I just can’t believe the many different stages they are all in and that they all go through. It is crazy how we can make a little person and then one day we wake up and they are big persons.
1 comment:
Britt,
I'm with you on the 9-18 months. That's my favorite stage too. You will be so happy in the future that you are journaling here all the details about your kids. They will love that. Kisserbella looks so much like Daxton in your last post. She is growing up so fast...
Post a Comment