Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Attitude is Everything

I don't suppose that anyone has ever done something that they didn't want to do, but knew that they had to do. And if you did do that said something you didn't want to do, I bet you did it with grace and poise. And if you haven't ever had to do something you didn't want to do, you are one lucky peep!

I have had lessons on this very thing, past, present, and likely in the future.

For instance, every other weekend I go into work. I actually love what I do (newborn intensive care unit nurse), but sometimes it is very hard to leave my girlies, and other times it is EASY :). However, I must go to work so I may as well have a good attitude about it.

Have you ever had a grouchy attitude about doing something you weren't super duper excited about? How did that make you feel? What about the people around you? I bet it was miserable for all parties involved.

I have learned that attitude is everything. This life is the time for trials, doing things we don't want to do, and learning from them. We can either have a good attitude about it and get on with it OR we can have a grouchy attitude and be miserable while making all those around us miserable.

Hopefully I can someday be able to have a good attitude about all the things I don't want to do.... until then :)!

3 comments:

julie said...

Thank you Brittany for this post. It is EXACTLY how I was feeling today. Attitude is everything.

larsen family said...

Right there with ya.
Love YA!
Jen

Bean said...

Thanks Britt!! I needed to hear that today. It was fun seeing you this past weekend! Hope you guys drove home safely.
Love ya,
Megan