Not a great attitude.... I know. But what could I expect? I was only about 4 months from the most heartbreaking, on my knees, cry in my pillow, can't get out of bed in the morning tragedy of my life. I am not going to say those days, weeks, or months don't happen anymore, but I have found more to be grateful for.
I am grateful this year for my husband. For what we have learned these last 16 months (has it been that long?) for how we have grown, together and separately. Of course I would have really liked to have learned in other ways, but this was the best way my Father in Heaven sees fit to teach me.
The past few months I have had inner struggles, trying to find deep down who I am, where I belong, and how I can become better. After any big trial in our lives, we look to what we are supposed to learn, what we have learned, and how we can apply what we have learned. Recently I have been asking myself some really tough questions. I hope one day to have those questions answered. By myself and my Father in Heaven.
This past week we were up north with Doug's family, for Thanksgiving, weddings, showers, you name it, we did it in 4 days. It was a whirlwind of a trip, but well worth it. While I admit not initially having a good attitude about it, I am grateful that we were able to spend the holiday with the Kunz's. It has been a long time.
Secret Santa? you might wonder the title of my post :). HOLD on. It is coming. Mom came to pick us up from the airport today and when we arrived in our driveway, we came upon this:
I nearly started bawling my eyes out. I haven't made it to the cemetery in awhile and have felt a little guilty about it. I just don't know how I can go to the store and pick out flowers and items that will look "good" on my baby's grave. Who does that? How is that right?
And so I have avoided it altogether. But when I saw his pictures in the tree with the blue ornaments, I knew he was being thought of, that I was being thought of. To know that there are those of you who are still thinking of my precious little one all these months later. Well. There. Are. No. Words. But thank you. Thank you so much.
7 comments:
I started crying too, and I am not even you. It is a wonderful feeling to know others are still thinking about these little angels.
How cute too, I love it, you have a decorated yard for Christmas.
Britt,
I still think about you a lot. I even think of dropping by sometime to see if you're home. I think about Daxton and I think about your adorable girls, too.
I also think about the questions your asking yourself and God. That's a big part of life, those important questions.
The tree of Daxton photos are so beautiful. I'm really glad for you and your family to have people who love you and help you remember your sweet baby boy.
I wish you the best and love you so much.
Who could forget those blue eyes peeking out from under the blanket? Love the tree.
I still think about you and Daxton every day. I know I don't tell you everyday though...I should! Thanks for meeting us for dinner the other night. I love any chance I get to see you. Wish we could do it more often. I sure do love you cuzin! Thanks for continuing to be such a strength and example to me. You are amazing....really.
I just want to say that you are such an inspiration to all that read your blog. I love the lack of "sugar coating" of your feelings and thoughts. It truly gives the reader a real sense of the pain and happiness that you feel. After reading your blog, I immediately go hug my little boy and saya prayer for you. Your strength is amazing and Daxton is a lucky little angel to have you as his mommy.
I visited him for you yesterday.....
That is so cute! We will never forget him... He is way to cute!
Post a Comment