Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lion country safari and more

Kids are getting antsy and asking all the "summer" questions. "Mom what are we doing today?" "Mom, what's for dinner?" "Mom, can we ... (Insert whatever)".... And lets be honest. I'm going bonkers with all the nagging and the "moms" so I made a little chart. It tells us about when therapy is for the week, doctors appointment, and what the activity for the am and the pm are. So if they want to know what we are doing for the day, they can walk their little buns over to the fridge and see for themselves. ;) 
My kids love positive reinforcement. They eat it up like candy. If I tell them they can eat tickets for things they love to do then by golly they do it. It's amazing. 
So I came up with this LAME design, not that it would b any better if I had loads of resources at my disposal, because it wouldn't. In fact I am really glad that all I have are these limited resources. Takes the pressure off ;).
I had big plans to turn my blog into a boom from the last 5 years... Ya um big plans. Computer is too slow and the project is too overwhelming and I isnt going to get easier so I guess I will just pray that the www and blogger don't die.

I didn't realize (not do I think many realize) just how intense this lengthening is. We (mostly Jannae for now) have to lengthen 4 times a day, so physical therapy once in the office a day (which seriously takes about 2.5 hours round trip very single day M-F), physical therapy at home (supposed to be 3 times a day), not to mention that we have to dress, potty, and feed savannah (on a tray on the couch most meals) every single day. We have to carry her up and down the stairs. It's like bringing home a newborn. Except now instead of diapers we have a huge brace in the way, instead of a stroller we have a wheelchair AND a walker (oh and a stroller too bc I have a baby...) to cart around with us wherever we go. 
Oh and did I mention I have a baby?!?! Who requires MUCH of my attention ALSO?!?!?! She's a cute little fart nugget but THAT'S what she IS!!!! Oh and let's not forget to mention the other 2 living children that I have. That's a big baby (savannah) a little baby (Scarlett) and Mikenna and Isabella.  Ok so now you won't judge the ice cream ;). It's a coping thing. I know. Again. Don't judge. This is real life peeps.

We went to this super fun (extremely far and OVERPRICED) lion country safari and drove through it. We saw all sorts of fun animals in their "natural" habitat. Ya. Natural habitat my ASS. (I couldn't help it).
These two goons are so fun to have around. They get into so much trouble together. Buwahahahahaha.
And these little sweet peas.... Here is what I have to say about them: my 3 other attention starved children. Scarlett is ridiculously clingy, Isabella is incredibly whiny, and Mikenna is neglected and pouty. Savannah on the other hand is loving life w her nightly snack of yogurt n crushed pills and backrubs... Today I sat down for 5 minutes to read w Isabella. My goal is to teach her to read this summer. She is doing the same math as savannah so I think she could read at her level as well. I know it's a lofty goal but she doesn't need to b reading chapter books.... Just the bob books. Anyway I hadn't been sitting for 0.5 seconds before Scarlett was in my lap crying... So I had Jannae take her while I read for 4 minutes w her. Her problem w reading is that she won't have the attention span. Maybe during quiet time I will have Mikenna read w her... And I will give her extra tickets ;) she almost has 50 she told me as we were walking to the store. I thin she's saving up for 30 minutes passes bedtime (100 tickets) I'm such a mean mom.
I thought my girls would miss their friends but other than the occasional request to send necklaces made of sea shells or letters they have been entertaining each other. This is a good summer of sisterly bonding and forming friendships that will hopefully last a lifetime. Mikenna spent 45 minutes tonight doing worksheets w savannah. Savannah earned ten tickets and Mikenna earned 5. I should have given her double but she was happy as a clam w 5.
The kids thought this whole trip was awesome... For about 3.5 seconds.
It went something like this "mom I really want to get out of the car" "mom I can't see bc the (said aforementioned) wheelchair is in my way" "mom Isabella just hit me" "mom Scarlett is pressing all the buttons".... Oh yes I almost unloaded the car on the field of ostriches!
I refrained and thought if the children all tucked in their beds whilst I enjoyed a few of these....
And they lived another day to tell about it ;). Stinking stinker is so stinking cute.
I can't tell you how long I have waited for this moment.... Walking and reading. LOVE!!!
Daddy is in Idaho for a week at a family reunion and yesterday when Mikenna and I walked to the store (hands held  and after the kids went to bed) she told me she is sad that she is missing out on all the fun memories they are making. Cutie pie. She still needs me. I keep thinks she is so much older than her 9 almost 10 years... And she still likes me... That's good right?!?!

No comments: