My days are starting to run together so hopefully I can keep up blogging every day or close to that!
First of our firsts... Savannah has ripped (prematurely) all of her bandages off and began picking at her stitches (pulling several out) and leaving open wounds to dig at. Awesome. An she does this at night so other than stay up all night drug her with Benadryl or strap her to her bed with restraints I really don't know what to do. We went to the office today and I begged for something to cover it... I barely walked out with some tegaderm (fancy tape) and telfa (fancy bandaid). I will be asking for something every day to keep this wound covered because as much as I LOVE it here I do not want to have to spend extra months here doing wound care/control....
Today was super frustrating because for the last week I keep asking the same questions always eliciting the same answer, "we will go over all that later"... Ok well when is LATER?!?!? It's all very frustrating to be on the other side (patient) because I am usually the one withholding answers to parents... And I really try NOT to do that. I've about seriously has it up to my eyeballs. I know that next week that it will all be old hat but I'm struggling right now. If I could just get some answers that would be really nice. You would think with this set up that it would all run really smooth and it would be easy to sit down with me for five seconds and talk to me.
Today was super frustrating because for the last week I keep asking the same questions always eliciting the same answer, "we will go over all that later"... Ok well when is LATER?!?!? It's all very frustrating to be on the other side (patient) because I am usually the one withholding answers to parents... And I really try NOT to do that. I've about seriously has it up to my eyeballs. I know that next week that it will all be old hat but I'm struggling right now. If I could just get some answers that would be really nice. You would think with this set up that it would all run really smooth and it would be easy to sit down with me for five seconds and talk to me.
Alas it is BUSY season right now so pretty much if it ain't pressing it don't matter....??? Ya not sure how long that's going to fly. Probably about another two days. We are trying to get Savannah's picking under control... Though I'm certain that won't happen, but I've got it all tegadermed and covered and covered again so hopefully she will be deterred if for bit a moment. I told her if she picked I would have to buy mittens and tie her to her bed... We will see if tries me, but I'm dead serious.
Our first therapy session was very sad. I think savannah is in a little bit of pain through it but I also think she is milking/manipulating the situation... And that's based on her behaviors all adding up. I am sure she feels some pain. Absolutely. But I have to figure out if its pain or manipulation. And that's a bit tricky. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. We have therapy 5 days a week while here. Dr Paley says if you don't do physical therapy you may as well not have even bothered with the surgery. So we do therapy ;).
Our first day of turning was today!! It was actually quite remarkable the device and how it works.doug asked all the mechanical questions and I asked all the medical ones ;). Engineer and nurse. Good combo. We will lengthen with "tony" for a few more days and once we have a handle on it we will bring the device (a HUGE BOX) home and do it ourselves. It will save us oodles of time from having to wait an hour for tony to show up and teach us to lengthen.
Our first therapy session was very sad. I think savannah is in a little bit of pain through it but I also think she is milking/manipulating the situation... And that's based on her behaviors all adding up. I am sure she feels some pain. Absolutely. But I have to figure out if its pain or manipulation. And that's a bit tricky. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. We have therapy 5 days a week while here. Dr Paley says if you don't do physical therapy you may as well not have even bothered with the surgery. So we do therapy ;).
Our first day of turning was today!! It was actually quite remarkable the device and how it works.doug asked all the mechanical questions and I asked all the medical ones ;). Engineer and nurse. Good combo. We will lengthen with "tony" for a few more days and once we have a handle on it we will bring the device (a HUGE BOX) home and do it ourselves. It will save us oodles of time from having to wait an hour for tony to show up and teach us to lengthen. I made up some chore charts and put them on the wall. We also made a list of all the things we want to do here this summer. Going to be busy ;). And hopefully I can teach the girls a few things. Tonight Mikenna was teaching Doug how to swim. She was giving him very specific instructions and was doing a fine job in making him a better swimmer. I will have to use her as my coach. Who knew!!! I can save thousands of dollars... Well actually unpaid that for club swim so now I get to reap the rewards. Lol!!!!!
It was also Doug's first night of crossfit. It was pretty good. It was a lot of instruction because they require you participate in the two classes before you can join the daily WOD. So big day with lots of firsts. Good night ;$) I've got to sleep so I can get to the "box" in the am ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment