Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, June 3, 2013

Chubba Wubba's Birfinday

I cannot believe that this little honey would have been 6 years old today... We sure miss his little face. I could never have imagined 6 years ago he was going to be taken from me and 5 years ago I never would have imagined I would be where I am today.

His birthday has been more of a day of reflection rather than a sad day. I wanted to feel melancholy and heartbroken but I can honestly say that time really does heal. I wouldn't say that my heart is fully healed, but I am not in the same place as I was 5 years ago... And thank goodness. 

We try to make him a part of our daily lives and even Isabella knows him. The other day she said, "mom, I don't want Daxton to be on a mission anymore. I want him to come back to life and play with me." Pretty much sums up how most of us feel daily. Little kids are so smart.

For Daxtons birthday we went to the Dubois park here in Florida. It was pretty cool because it is a wharf off the ocean and it's a huge "pool" that's only knee deep even for the littles.  
So far nothing can get her down. She wants to be up and at em all the day long and doesn't want to miss a beat. She is getting along in her walker just great an pushes herself a little bit too hard each day. But she is healing and trying to obey all our rules ;).
Since I am such a good mom I totally remembered to put sunscreen (NOT) on the girls and they are all burned. Luckily savannah was under the tree the whole time and Scarlett had her rash guard on so they were unscathed by the current tragedy....


Scarlett is taking a little ride in the wheelchair. She thinks she is pretty hot stuff. After the beach we came home for naps/quiet time and then off to Costco. I think Costco is my nemesis. We have a love/hate relationship. I love to shop there but I hate spending all my money there... Especially when I am starting from scratch buying for a new place.
I don't know when these littles got so big. It's sort of killing me actually. I am glad they are getting big but it's sad too.


The kids went to visit the cemetery because we are obviously a little too far away. We had big plans to go to the beach and release balloons but little bug (savannah) was too tired after all our gallivanting.... But we DID have some peanut butter cup banana ice cream and I made a delicious chocolate chocolate cake ;). Calories don't count on day like these.
Poor Scarlett fell asleep as soon as she got in her seat. She was SO exhausted. After a long day we were grateful for bedtime. Ok I WAS GRATEFUL for bedtime. 

No comments: