Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, June 17, 2013

First post op visit

We have been making a chart! It's absolutely the highlight of Savannah's day. She gets to put a sticker on each day. It's pretty exciting. Each day seems long but each week is going by faster an along with that we are getting more height!!! We placed day 15 sticker on tonight. 1mm/day for 1.5 centimeters which is just a little over 1/2 inch!!!! Wow! It's magic. Pretty soon we will need a new shoe.

We had our first official post op visit with the PA (Servando). Savannah's leg is REALLY lengthening. It's pretty cool to see on X-ray! He was really pleased with the growth of her bone. And he texted the doctor who was also really pleased.

Tangent: Jannae made these really yummy scones and I think I ate the whole pan. Not. Good. But they were SOOO good ;) next time we r going to use wheat flour and coconut oil.

Oh miss troublemaker.... Good think she's cute with her grape filled chipmunk cheeks.

That moment when you are like.... CRAP MY GUM JUST FELL IN THE TOILET and there is pee on it and how am I going to get it out?!?!

This bone X-ray is truly remarkable. The gap is where we are turning. AWESOME! It's working ;). The white haze around the bone is new bone. I asked him (Servando) the same question twice and he repeatedly gave me the same answer... Patience. He explained to me that there was damage to the medial cortex when they put the rod in (basically they had to shove it in the bone)... 

And so the white around the rod/bone is new bone forming. I'm still confused about how large the space is where the bone is growing but apparently the "old" bone will be sucked in to the "new" bone and all will be right in the bone world. Moral of the story: it will be a STRONG BONE.

 The kids are all starting to feel not being "home"... Yesterday Isabella said to me, "I want to sleep in my old bunk bed at my old house" and savannah told Jannae "I want to go back to Arizona so I don't ever have to see you again." (She was doing physical therapy and lengthening which brings out the worst in savannah... Poor thing)

Loves to all!!!!

No comments: