So I have been on my own the last few days and I just needed some "girl" time. A good friend of mine brought over a ginormous bag of clothes for my girls and we sorted through some stuff and decided to give some of it away.
Enter: my trip for "girls" time.
I called one of "my girls" (1 of 2 that I trust with my girls, because I know she can handle Savannah and more importantly come back after she has done so) to come and watch the girls while I escaped for a few hours.
Let me back up a bit. A few months back (beginning of June), I woke up to Savannah and a laundry basket full of unattached hair... yes my friends, she cut off all of her hair with a stray pair of scissors (of COURSE I LEFT THEM IN HER ROOM ON THE TABLE TO CUT HER HAIR, DUH!!!!!) that she had found in her room. My first instinct was to yell and scream and beat the tar out of her... alas, I did not follow my instinct because it surely would have ended in her with a red bum, a smirk on her face, and me not feeling any better at all... Oh and I would have awakened the children, and we can't have that at 645 AM!!!
So I looked at her and said, "REALLY???? REALLY????" Stuck a hat on her, sent her to school, and called my hairdresser.
I don't really know why she does the things she does. I think it is just to see if she can get a reaction out of me or maybe she really wants me to be committed to an institution with white walls, white sheets, white beds, in the corner saying "Rubber room rubber room rubber room" over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Who knows?!?!
I did mention to my dad the other day that I would like/need to kick back something stronger than a diet coke. No seriously. I would. But alas, I won't. But you better believe if I wasn't Mormon, I would be an alcoholic. (Did I just say that out loud? I am sure to get some flack. Don't judge.) I haven't ever tasted the stuff nor will I. I am just saying that I totally get it.
I digress. No really. I actually don't even know where I was going with this....
Oh yes. Savannah. Girl Time. So I left the house with instructions for bed and was on my merry way. About 45 min after I left, I received a call from the house. Savannah had flushed the cell phone of my friend DOWN THE TOILET?!?!?! SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY? I just don't even know where to start. I guess if I knew that there was an "end" I would be able to plan or endure a little easier knowing that there would be an end to all the shenanigans that she pulls almost on a daily basis.
Bless her heart, my friend was so gracious. I don't know if she will come back or if she will just have a really good story to tell. I must say though, It was really humorous to watch her, me, and Mikenna all with a kitchen glove on and a plastic bag in tow, with our hands up in the toilet. NICE... side note**we did look everywhere before shoving our hands in my (very clean I must say) toilet.
I seriously don't know what I am going to do with her. I really don't. I read about these moms who have like 5 special needs kids (no really) who are all adopted and their lives just look picture perfect. That's the thing with blogs.... they are too perfect. (not mine though... I just admitted that I would like a tall one!!!)
4 comments:
I have had some moments, not flushed toilets, but moments. I agree...good thing I'm LDS or i'd be ordering up some tall ones all too often. Hang in there! :)
I love your blog!!!!! Seriously, this reminds me of my little sister growing up. She has autism among other special needs and if my mother had a blog, it would NOT be perfect! My parents actually adopted another special needs little boy when my sister was 7 so I have 2 younger special needs siblings. My sister went through phases of biting (my mom has scars), shoving (a current phase), poop painting (my mom got creative and turned her footed pj's backward so she's essentially stuck in ehr pj's at night), among various other things. She is often getting in to food or shaving cream or any type of MESSY thing she can get her hands on.
Also, she has issues with pinching people and has recently started pinching random strangers sometimes!!! I took her to get her haircut a while back and she was so agitated, she pinched the lady in the BOOB and I had to pry her hand off her. I was so embarrassed!
So just know you are an awesome mother, even if you think about drinking sometimes...cause seriously, I'm sure most moms have thought about that. ;) Hang in there!!! I hope it gets better!!!
I followed (stalked) your blog right after Daxtons accident, I think I found you from A Daily Scoop? Anyhow, when Savannah walked into achievement day a few weeks back she looked so familiar then during Dougs lesson it hit me, I recognized her from your blog! You truly are a amazing person and Savannah is so blessed to have you as her mom, even if you do admit to wanting a "tall one" haha. This cracks me up!
I guess this post is just bringing out all your blog stalkers. I too came over from Stephanie's blog, but quite honestly I kept your blog in my reader because of Savannah. I too have an 11 year old son with special needs, and although their abilities are completely different it is nice to find people who are on the same "path" as you in one way or another. Thanks for being honest and showing your true life. It is tiring reading about everyone's perfect life and their perfect kids and their perfect vacations, all it does it make me feel worse about my own life. I have always said that if I too were not LDS I would really be into those yummy fruity alcholic drinks! :)
Post a Comment