Don't you all love Pinterest? I actually have NO idea how it works or how to log on to my account, but I am loving that on FB these "cards" are everywhere. Most of the ones I see bring a very big smile to my face. I am sorry (not really) but I just had to share this one, because for the last 3 weeks my kids have been on the brink of doing exactly what it says.
Four Years, Two months, and 8 days ago, I joined a club. It is an exclusive club. In order to join, you must give up (are forced to) what is most precious to you and live without it for the remainder of your days. You must endure the greatest heartache you have ever known. You must be broken, stepped on, kicked, and then broken, stepped on, and kicked again. It is a very lonely club. Not very many people get (or want) to join. Once you are in this club, you can NEVER EVER EVER get out. You are in it for life. F.O.R.E.V.E.R.
In this club, I have met the most incredible women. Some have accomplished amazing tasks: putting together a marathon to raise money for heart disease awareness, blankets and gift packs for families in the PICU, bereavement packets, headstone funds, casket makers, and so many more.
I wish that I did not belong to this club. Let's be honest. In the words of another member, "I think all you ladies are great, but I'd give up every one of you to have my child back." (no offense) and no offense taken, because though we are all in the same club, none of us asked to be here, and all of us would trade our membership in two seconds.
Alas, this is not possible. It is what it is. We are who we are. Like it or not.
Today I had lunch with these amazing ladies and I was given perspective that even though my kids might wake me up EVERY morning and TRY AGAIN to make me go bonkers, I am grateful that I have each and every one of them. Even the son I can't see.
2 comments:
That card made me laugh out loud.
I started following your blog right after your sweet Daxton passed and i appreciate your kind comment you left when our son died. It is nice to be somewhat understood by a few people.
And that is when I started to visit and pray for you and your family. You have been in my prayers often. Daxton's eye's just pierced my heart and made an imprint. Nothing like yours I'm sure. You are an amazing woman. thank you Also this summer I had a student with severe pica. I often thought holy cow and she(you)also deals with prader-willi. LORD bless her this Day! Another note to impact. Recently I spoke with a woman who was suffering the loss of her child. She was needing a purpose and I mentioned Daxton's box for the local hospital. Cameras with sd card etc. It has really helped. God Bless
Post a Comment