Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Funny moments

Isabella got a few new shirts this time of year as we were shopping for school clothes. She has a ridiculous amount of clothing, but sh felt really left out. After she put on this sparkly shirt, Scarlett thought it was pretty awesome and wouldn't take her eyes off of it. It was really funny watching her so intrigued by just a shirt.
We had an Endo appt today at Phoenix Childrens' and while I am not a big fan of my endo (anybody know a good one?) I really do like the clinic that we go to. 

Today Savannah made some new friends (shocking I know!!!) It was a family of diabetics. 2/3 children had gotten their blood drawn and Savannah was asking them why? What happened? Did it hurt? Oh you poor boys!!! She was quite funny and the boys were answering her questions with much patience. We found out they had pumps to regulate their sugar, we found out they have to go to the doctor regularly so that they can stay healthy, we also found out they had to eat a special diet.

Enter BOOK: The little sister to the boys was holding a book and of course Savannah took it upon herself to find out what it was about. And wouldn't you figure it was a cook book!!! What better for Savannah to love. And it was DISNEY. Equipped with recipes AND Buzz, It was an instant must have. Savannah quizzically asked the girl where she got the book? To which she said that she got it from the doctor... Then the stream of questions began: Which doctor? Where? Why did you get it?

She then marched over to the receptionist and asked if there was a extra book for "me?" Well lucky for us today, there was just one left. And when she handed it to Savannah, Savannah could barely contain herself and responded with a "BOO-YAH!" I almost died laughing and the receptionists got a good kick out of her. 

A couple of days ago we got a workbook for each of the girls from the cabin store and we worked on some pages whilst at the cabin. The girls studied them for hours completing pages, coloring, and really helping each other. They were worth every cent. Well in Mikenna's book there were some recipes. We picked some out, went to the store, and she made them all by herself. She was so excited to make them for daddy when he got home. She felt like she was all grown up. She said, "Mommy, I can cook lots of meals now." LOL. She was however disappointed when Isabella wanted nothing to do with a peanut  butter and banana sandwich... Can't say I blame her :)! 



1 comment:

Cami said...

Hello! i came across your blog, so I thought I should let you know that I will be blog stocking you now! Your family is amazing, beautiful, and funny. I Loved reading about Savannah, she is one funny girl!