Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, February 14, 2011

Disneyland Adventure - Day 2

What could be better than Disneyland, the happiest place on earth?
California Adventure....

Notice the 'name tag.' I made each of the girls lanyards with their names and "If I get lost, please call my mom at...." Like I said before. Lots o kiddos get lost.... and it wasn't going to happen to me if I could help it. She is also wearing a matchy matchy keep track of Savannah backpack like Isabella. Because seriously. Lets be honest. Savannah is social. And curious. And impulsive. And I love her for all those things, but I certainly wanted to NOT lose my little ball of energy. I mean, the smile. Sometimes I joke that I want to sell my children, but that is SO NOT TRUE.

At Grizzly Run, there was a GINORMOUS bear. Isabella turned around to look at it and said, "Bear. ROAR." It was hilarious. SO then we turned around and took a picture with them standing in front of it.

Jumping Jelly Fish. The most favorite part of the trip second to the carousel. It was actually really terrifying for me. I let the girls do it by themselves. Am I nuts? Ya. Pretty much.

The ferris wheel. SO lame. Don't waste your time. But what a great view. I mean aren't they so adorable?

Now. You can't go to D-land without seeing the characters. The whole entire point of going was to get pics and SEE Buzz and Woody. So here we are. 1 down 1 to go. Savannah about peed her pants. Really. We went to the bathroom right before we saw him because I am so sure that she would have peed her pants. Don't let Savannah underestimate you. But don't let ME overestimate her either.

Jessie. Well she was an added bonus.

Are they not the cutest toys you ever did see? Hmm. Seems to me like D-land and Cali Adventure are pretty much based on Princesses and Toy Story. Really. They are.

Mr. Potato head. In the flesh. Or plastic.

Awaiting our glorious lunch with the princesses :) Yes. I bit the bullet. I thought I was being UNcheap by getting them this little opportunity to meet the princesses and have lunch with them and take pictures and eat gazert and see Prince Charming. But then we went to a little store and there were lots of girls getting all dolled up in princess dresses and hair and nails and face make up... all for the LOW price of $220 per person. Seriously? You have to be joking right? I almost ok I DID laugh in the cashier's face when she told me that. She said with all seriousness that "it was worth every penny because of the memories." Are you on crack? Even if I WAS on crack I would be lucid enough to know that I paid LESS than that for admission into the park and seriously did they think I was going to pay $220? They HAD to be joking right? Nope.

Ariel was simply magical. I actually thought it was going to be laughable, but she did NOT disappoint. In fact, it was so perfect, I had to wipe a tear from my eyes. I am serious! She got down on her knees and talked to them for a few minutes. She must have sensed how special my little babies are.

Cinderella. My dad told Mikenna, "There are going to be a lot of really beautiful princesses at your lunch today, but you must remember they have nothing on you." I thought it was really great.
I was listening to a talk from Conference and the Primary General President said, "You want to teach your kids now, what you want them to know in 5 years."

This was truly one of those moments. Right now, my girls are on top. They have great friends at school. They are leaders. They run with a good crowd. But there will come a day when all their insecurities will overpower what they think they can accomplish and hopefully I have taught them good enough now to know that they are special and nothing else really matters.

Snow White. She was a doll. They actually all were.
We even got a cute little curtsy from Aurora. She was so sweet. She just took the girls by the hand and posed for the picture.

We were talking about the princesses and how they must just work part time because really how energy sapping would it be to have to paste a smile on your face all day. Mom said that they probably LOVE it. I mean really. Look. Their pictures are about to be plastered on the internet.... and I am likely NOT the first :).

This is the entry to a 'bug's land.' It was really Isabella's favorite ride. Her fave was the chew chew train, with Heimlich the caterpillar. Ok. Heimlich? What kind of a name is that? Binge and purge? Choke on something and spit it up? That was a sense of humor I may have missed somewhere along the lines/land of Disney. But it was cute anyway. And there was no line so Isabella and I just kept going round and round.

MONSTER'S LINK! Oh how we love you. We love your cuddliness. We loved your ride. We love Boo. We just love you so much!

California Adventure was a blast. We had so much fun we didn't even go back to the hotel to eat our dinner that was cooking in a crockpot and sacrificed the fact that it might be burnt (which it was) in order to catch some more time to go on California Soar and the Grizzly Ride.

The Grizzly ride was awesome. If you think that getting SOAKED and WET at 9pm in the freezing cold with 2 little girls who were VERY tired AND wet AND tired AND wet. Oh and wouldn't you figure this was the night we had to wait 20 minutes for the shuttle.... Overall it was a GREAT day!

1 comment:

Gel said...

It looks like you had a great time!!I love the picture of Savannah with buzz... and the princess lunch I'm sure was a hit!!