Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Friday, October 15, 2010

Adventures in Motherhood- Installment #1`

Oh the adventures that we have had the past week while the kids are out of school. This may take a few posts :) so keep checking back!

Saturday I didn't feel like cooking... who does anyway? The selection of the restaurant is always an important process. You know. Is it kid friendly? How will we be seated? What about the menu? Kids choices? Are there hot dogs? Burritos? Adult preferences? Any freebies as appetizers? Who to invite to go a long with you?

Well most of these considerations were thrown out the window when we chose to go to Olive Garden. It isn't really kid friendly nor is the menu great for my kids. No hot dogs. No burritos. Huge rolling chairs. Not to much child traffic. Therefore we were the only ones in the restaurant with the baby banging the fork on the table, tossing plates like they were frisbees, giving hugs to servers, demanding more food, less food, different drinks, same drinks, ice, no ice, matching cups, no matching cups, sitting on laps, crawling on floors, throwing food, and so much other fun.

Oh an did I mention that Isabella peed ALL OVER MY LAP???? I am not sure how that happened, but well it did. Diaper and all.

SO moral of the story. Go to McDonalds.... it won't cost you $70 and people expect your children to throw stuff, run around, and have bad manners :).

1 comment:

Jessica Steed said...

Great post. I feel like I have moments like this all the time.
I work so hard for something and then think, Why did I do this?