I have a child, ok let's be honest, I have 3 children, who DON'T sleep. Maybe you have met one of them. She's the princess. Princess Isabella. She is such a love. Love. Her. And for the most part, she is a dream. But her dreams have been shorter and shorter in that she has NOT been sleeping. It didn't really bother me before baby sister was born, but now that I have a new baby, I need her to SLEEP!!!
Apparently she hasn't had a schedule for a while (like her whole life), and she has been suffering from it. So I did what any good mother would do, I called the "baby whisperer". Now, let me tell you, if you have ANY children in need of a schedule and you don't have time for a bazillion books, then SHE IS YOUR ANSWER! I am serious.
Here is a recap:
Day #1
Suggestion: get Isabella her OWN bed, with her OWN bedding.
Background: about 7 months ago, I put Isabella's bed in the garbage. Don't judge, it was falling apart, I had #10 cans in each corner with basically just a mattress. It was destitute. So. I pitched it and put her on Sannah's bed. Every day for 3 months, she would cry herself to sleep, "I don't hab a bed, mommy phrew it in da garbage." (Mother of the year #1) Not only did I phrow her bed in da garbage, I displaced her from her room to Sannah's room so that Mikenna could have her OWN room. So poor Isabella has been homeless.
So this suggestion was huge for me (and Isabella). We had our work cut out for us. We put the twins back together as bunk beds (one was in Mikenna's room and one was in Savannah's room) and moved the full into Mikenna's room, made a trip to Big Lots and purchased her OWN bedding. Much to my dismay, she chose Dora, but hey, this was her trip, so I bit my tongue and obliged.
Side Note: I dragged the 3 older girls to the store and we all had to pick out own bedding because I was displacing Mikenna's "new room" and Isabella was getting new stuff, and I couldn't leave Savannah out, so lets just say it was an expensive, yet very productive trip.... UNTIL Isabella found a "shooting gun." It was a marshmellow shooting gun and she couldn't wait to get it home so that she could shoot marshmellows. I told her that she would have to put back her Dora blanket and her sparkly pillow if she wanted the "shooting gun." She was more than happy to make that deal (OOOOOPPSS!!!!) I had to recant (Mother of the year, remember?) and as you can imagine DRAMA ensued.
Luckily the store was really big, so you could hear her screaming throughout the entire store, and the Luckily the cute little couple who moved into our ward, married 8 weeks, and blissfully in love were there to witness my 3 year tyrant tyrading (I made that one up) her opinions at the top of her lungs. I had to practically DRAG her out of the store. Luckily the people behind me were TOTALLY patient (NOT) and didn't even crack a smile. I bet they thought that I was a bad mother because I was letting her act like this in PUBLIC!! Oh they hadn't seen anything yet! Besides what did they want me to do? Spank her in front of them? Yell at her? What good would it have done. 3 year olds are NOT to be reasoned with. They just don't get it. I digress.
I came home to my husband taking the beds apart and putting them in their respective rooms. Awesome. Now Isabella had her OWN bed with her OWN bedding and her OWN pillow. (Luckily on the back of the Dora bedding is a cute floral print... THANK GOODNESS!)
OH and here is a cute pic of Scarlett :)
2 comments:
I love working my magic, because it changes lives. =)
I love Scarlett!! She is so snugglishous!!
Post a Comment