Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, March 12, 2012

Baby Whisperer #2

Day #2: Get Isabella to stay in her bed

Suggestion: Take Isabella by the hand, and without any emotion, no eye contact, no words etc., and put her back to bed.

Isabella slept fine in her bed last night... now tonight was a different story :) She came down out of her room and came into the hall. I took her by the hand, led her up the stairs, and put her on her pillow, all the while ignoring her as she cried, "Mama, mama, talk to me mama, I want you to lay by me mama." Ya about broke my stinking heart! She then began to cry that her blankies weren't on her. OOPS! and Owell!

She came down a second time and on her way down she slipped maybe a centimeter. Fake tears ensued. "I fell off the stairs, I fell off my bed, I want my blankies" I took her by the hand, led her up the stairs and put her on her pillow, (and this time) I put her blankets on her... in order (yes they have to be in a certain order... we don't call her Princess Isabella for nothin), and walked out, ignoring her as she cried, "Mama, Mama, I have a question, lay by me mama, Mama, why you not talking to me?" (she smart girl, pick up quick).

She came down a third time saying she had to go potty. I know this is a ruse/excuse, and she has a diaper on for such occasions, so I ignore her until she cries that she needs to go poop!!! Seriously?!?! I am not about to change a poopy diaper, so I take her to the potty (A BIG MISTAKE!!!), but I ignore her, I leave off the light, put her on the pot, and wait. She begins to whine, "Mama, Mama, turn the light on. Mommy, why you not turning the light on? Mommy, why you not talking to me?" At this point I don't know whether to laugh or cry. So I continue to ignore. We finish and I take her by the hand, we walk up the stairs and put her on her pillow, apply blankets in order, and walk out.

It's 9:21, and she is asleep. Mercy Mercy, she is going to be the death of me.

No comments: