Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Cabin

Dear Mom and Dad,

Thanks for building a cabin.

I love to go to the mountains and just do.... NOTHING. Yesterday I read a book. All. Day.

Oh I did pause to go to the bathroom and prepare a meal or two for the fan damily. But that's about it. I curled up on the couch and did not a thing. I just read.

Some people might call that lazy. Others would have taken the opportunity to go outside and build a fun snowman with the kids or take a freezing cold walk to enjoy nature... but no. After I did NOTHING all day. We went out for ice cream. In the 25 degree weather. WE ate ice cream cones.

Reminded me of my friend Jess when in the middle of winter were at the DQ getting our favorite blizzard or chocolate dipped vanilla cone and staying up at all hours of the night (on a school night) before cell phones were invented (was there ever such a time) and my mom couldn't get a hold of me. But it was fun. All those nights. All those talks. All those calories. Without all those pounds :).

Well anyway. Thanks mom and dad for letting me enjoy the fruits of your labors. It was awesome.

Love,

Me

PS thanks honey for tending the kids while I did NOTHING :)

3 comments:

Taylor Anne Vail said...

Ahhh days where you get to do absolutely nothing are sometimes the BEST!

Margaret said...

Thats why we have it... YOU welcome....

Jessica Steed said...

Britt,
Yay for Dairy Queen.
I remember you driving your mom's old minivan in your CK overalls and flip flops. You had the seat so far back you had to point your toe to reach the gas. :)

Love those memories. They make me smile.

Glad you can relax and enjoy the cabin with ice cream. That sounds delightful.

Love you!