Mikenna is now is first grade. I should have put up more of a fight for her to be in second grade but when she entered kindergarten, it was the year that Daxton died and I just didn't have the fight in me... so she is the OLDEST member of her class.
Hopefully this will behoove her in later years as she is smarter better faster and more together than her classmates. It is also going to torture her AND I when she is here ONE YEAR longer at home.... and I am going to LOVE every minute of it :).
Anyhow, the other day she came home and was so excited that she had a library book.... And this is what she showed me:

NICE....
I had her read it in her head. I didn't want her to wonder why I was laughing hysterically at her.
Oh and I got a new look. I think it is more of a midlife crisis or something. It is something I can control in a world of uncontrollable things. I didn't do it for the "new year." In fact, I did it a few days after Thanksgiving. And I had given it A LOT of thought before that day. Almost a year in fact. I haven't been my "natural" color for 15 years... so I don't really know what it is anymore. I suppose "natural" is what I have been. What works for me. But whatever.
The night before I called my hair dresser and said, "I think I want to go dark. Dark OR short." She said, "I am not going to chop off your hair." And so... we ended up with this:

6 comments:
LOVE the Hair!!!! You look great dark not that you didn't look great light. Such a hot mamma! We need to get together soon. I miss getting to chat.
Love Ya!
Jen
I was SHOCKED when you walked into class on Thursday. Barely recognized you. Didn't recognize you from the back.
Hope it's not MID-life. You're kinda young for that, aren't you?
I like it!!!
How fun that you have new hair!
IT looks really natural and like the upkeep will be easy.
I don't know if I got the joke about the book. Is it in English?
How fun that you have new hair!
IT looks really natural and like the upkeep will be easy.
I don't know if I got the joke about the book. Is it in English?
Welcome to the dark side, Britt--I love it! I have to see it in person now--so text me and tell me when you're free!!
Post a Comment