I was all trained and ready to go. ALL TRAINED!!!! If you can endure the training, you can run the marathon. That is the "easy" part.
Alas, it was not to be. I have had 1 steroid shot and 3 weeks of physical therapy. It seems to be helping (at least I keep telling myself that because my co pay is going to send me over the edge soon).....
Since I couldn't run the 26.2 miles, I thought that I would hop on my bike and ride. I got to 20 miles. Not bad I guess. It wasn't running, but at least I was outside with an increased heart rate :).
Just another bump in the road.
I have been inspired. Just a few days before Daxton died, when we were in Havasupai, one of my friends fell off a cliff and shattered her heel (I think) and tore up her knee pretty badly. The doctors told her she would never run again. Little did they know, you don't tell a girl she CAN'T do something because boy she will do everything she can to PROVE THEM WRONG. And my friends she did just that. She just completed her first 1/2 marathon.
So I have been inspired. If she can run after all that then I can endure greater trochanter bursitis and iliotibial band syndrome. I will run again. Maybe not this week, or next, or the next, but I will pick myself up and I will do it. (Maybe I will even put in for the St. George Marathon)
4 comments:
love and admire you girlfriend! ->Amie
that IT band syndrome is brutal. it felt like my legs were breaking at the knee. when i had it but didn't even need steroid shots or PT so i can only imagine how bad yours is. sorry.
I saw Laree at a stake meeting last night and she had that enviable post-marathon stride. Sigh.
I thought of you Saturday.
Such a bummer.
I'm planning on St. G. So don't get prego and we can do it together. :)
Post a Comment