I was confused (not sure what day it was).
I was overwhelmed (dishes, laundry, homework, music practice, backpacks, permission slips)
I was tired (12 hours in 3 days is just not enough for some reason :))
So I did what I usually do.
I called the cleaning lady. But then I called and cancelled her. Because Doug and I have decided we need to save money for the big fancy house we are gonna buy someday. Someday. Someday. Someday.
And I thought to myself. I could scrub my house from top to bottom today and do my laundry and run all my errands. Ya right. On what planet? That is why I was going to have the cleaning lady come. She does the cleanin. I do the laundryin. And then it all gets done. In one day.....ish.
That is until the kids come home. Backpacks dropped by the front door. Jackets in the corner. Papers all over the counter. Crumbs on the table from snack. Dirty socks in the bedroom. Piles and piles of toys strewn across the house. All within a matter of minutes it doesn't matter that the house WAS clean. That all the laundry WAS done.
SO the cycle begins again. All the work that needs doin isn't always done. Especially when you have a family.
And you know what? THAT'S OK.
You know why? Because it means that I have children.
It means I have a family.
It means we are alive and well and can make messes and can clean them up.
It means I HAVE a toddler walking around making messes.
And it is refreshing.
And somehow it doesn't matter that there is always something to do. Because there IS always something to do, but it is just a matter of WHAT that needs doin.
3 comments:
thanks britt
i need a reminder of this often!
hope you're feeling better-
have a great day and lots of loves
marinda
like I said before...your perspective is REFRESHING!! :)
You always say what other people are thinkin!!!! I've decided that it just matters if my kids remember that I played with them and have fun memories, even if I still have dishes in the sink and laundry that needs washin. I hope you're are feeling better. Love you Megan
Post a Comment