Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Trip to Disney World

sure wish that I could look upon our one day trip to disney world without wanting to poke my eyes out (it's getting a little old putting them back in)... Maybe it is too fresh in my mind to how horrible it was... Maybe in a few weeks I will rewrite or addend this version (or not), but for now here is it as I still see it...

We got up at 6:45 to be dressed ready and fed by 7:45 to catch the 8am shuttle. After some serious hustling, we were packed and ready to go with our two backpacks one cooler one stroller one wheelchair one pillow two umbrellas one bag of miscellaneous four kids and two adults. I made the mistake of making a comment "wow I would sure hate to carry all that stuff those people are carrying through Disney. Jannae looked at me and pointed. I nearly doubled what they were carrying with great ease! 

We took the shuttle to the Epcot center where we had to catch a shuttle to the animal kingdom because that was first up on our things to see list. We headed for the safari because that was the most popular we heard. It was actually one of the best tours I've taken. It was legit. We saw all the animals and it was only 20 minutes long. Hallelujah.

Me Kenna and the man. He was nice. He wanted to be in our picture so I said what the heck?!?! ;) 

Scarlett was a mite beside her seeing all the animals. Again she is my animal lovig child. She followed a squirrel yesterday right up the tree. Ok she followed it until it finally escaped up the tree. Luckily it figured that out bc Scarlett was not going to give up that easily.

We saw zebras giraffes deer elephants lion tigers alligators and some very exotic and most extinct animals. 

This is a tree that is very interesting. It holds lots of water and he elephants bump it to get water. So if you ever find yourself in the wild in need of some water just look for this upside down tree and you will find water! Your welcome.

These are some extinct goat type animal. Ok there are still some left but these are the last of them! How they "know" that I will never know. Whatever and seriously who GIVES A RIP!?!?!

Scarlett was mostly a hot mess trying to figure out if she wanted in my arms or Doug's all the day long. It's lucky the safari wasn't mid day or the animals would have had a very tasted snack.

We forewent some of our "planned" activities to satisfy Isabella's desire to see Minnie Mouse and Mickey Mouse. I am not sure where that came from but I was happy to oblige such a request.... The alternative was a petting Zoo. PLECK!!! 

Kids loved this Dino land. It was like a cheap carnival but whatever! They spent some time here and had fun.

This little hideout was perfect for two little monkeys who needed to be entertained while we went on a few "older" taller kids rides. Savannah did NOT like them but she was a sport.

While we hit the roller coasters they played in this bone dig park. They had fun climbing and running and taking pics with Doug. 


Digging for fossils was a hit. I'm not sore how this is Disney related... 

Isabella is becoming quite the big sister (mostly annoying actually...) just ask Scarlett!



We tackled that roller coaster behind us a few times. It was awesome! Not as scary as California screamin but fun nonetheless. 

Around 2:00 we headed over to the magic kingdom for some REAL fun! This bus our bus ride. It only took like 45 minutes. We had to take a bus from animal kingdom to the ticket transportation center and the train to the magic kingdom. Awesome.

Side note: as previously mentioned savannah is a good Wing man. Take note Jannae. She talked this young buck into helping her out of the car and putting her in her wheelchair. Let this be a lesson to you darling!!!!

The highlight of Savannah's day! She "rode" up the ramp in her wheelchair and got to stay in it on the bus. Lucky!!!!

And here we have the "happiest place on earth" but in reality it brought me loads of misery. We were already tired and hungry and our feet hurt... It was about 230pm. Oh and I didn't MENTION IT WAS HOTTER THAN .....!!!!!! No seriously. We knew it was going to be hot, but it exceeded our expectations. 

Finally putting sunscreen on. We almost melted. I told that to Isabella and she said "no mm then you fall all the way to the ground..." Yes you are correct.

We hit way more rides than we could ever have imagined. Almost all the ones that all the kids could go on. Mikenna is getting big enough that she wants to start riding the big rides and I would love to with her but with all the children we fit a few in big not as many as she would have liked.


We were in tomorrow land and saw buzz and we were about to get our picture with him when a storm rolled in and just like that it was pouring rain! Luckily we missed the worst of it bc we were under a shelter but it was pretty remarkable. One thing about Florida is when it starts to sprinkle you better take cover because you are about to get soaked. One minute sprinkles the next minute cats and dogs!!!! 4 ponchos 2 umbrellas and 7 wet customers, we were able to enjoy the inside rides for a few hours until the storm cleared up.

Isabella proved to be a pretty good driver overall. Mikenna told me after the ride that she probably wasn't ready to start driving yet! HA!! Also I learned that my sweet little Isabella has some serious road rage!


After all the fun and rides (roller coaster, tea cups, buzz, pooh, Peter Pan, haunted mansion, Dino land, carsx2, Ariel's grotto, it's a small world, carousel of time or something by Walt, pirates of the Caribbean, dumbo, and maybe a few others I may or may not have blocked out) it was time to pick a spot for the parade where mikenna stood on my shoulders and I thought I was going to die after 39 minutes.... Alas I have lived to tell the tale. After the parade was the fireworks and I seriously thought I was going to die. 

We should have stopped at animal kingdom.... I hope the kids had fun because it was sheer torture for me. The kids were tired cranky and lucky only Scarlett was hungry because despite having many options for her she did not eat much or sleep much for that matter... 

Here we are waiting for the bus tired cranky and achey and it was 30 minutes late die to some boneheads who got I'm an accident at the entrance of the park...

Upon our arrival at home it was sheer exhaustion and crankiness and tiredness. I thought Scarlett would sleep like a rock (I know better than to say baby because babies DONT SLEEP) alas, she was up at 1:00, 2:00, and 5:00am after havin gone to bed at midnight. What the heck?!?! I think she was starving! Much like he probably is now because she will only eat a few things and when those arent available then he would just prefer to go hungry. It's a terrible cycle. 

And so I will NEVER go back to one of these parks with children who cannot tend their own selves, pack their own lunches and suitcases, and provide their own entertainment! And I will NEVER NEVER EVER again pull at 16 hour day at Disney or any other place for that matter with young children. I will NOT do it. 

No comments: