Scarlett loves to play with light switches. For some reason turning on and turning off lights repeatedly is her new guilty pleasure. Recently Doug was holding her and she was indulging herself and before we knew what was happening, the alarm to the security system was blaring.

Entering the password and turning it off was our highest priority. The girls were enjoying a morning of coloring and worksheets. We joked and laughed about how terrible it would be if the fire department really did show up....

About 5 minutes later, we looked out the window and sure enough there was a large fire truck parked outside our door. We though well that's a coincidence....
No actually it wasn't. Turns out they were here for us! There were about 4 Irene's at our door and gratefully no fire for them to put out. The girls kept coming to the door to see what the commotion was and one of the firemen said, "whoa, how many you got in there?"....

Um, just four? (But you will be interested to know that I REALLY have FIVE!!! GASP!!!!!!)
As we visited with these very nice firemen, I couldn't help but wonder how nice they were.... Extra nice!!!! Then I got to thinking that somebody has to lay for them to come out, hmmm I wonder who THAT is?!?! UM ME!!!!! We looked up online how much it would cost us. $150. But there are two "free" false alarm/house calls a year.... So hopefully here wasn't another happy little family loving in our condo earlier this year that ruined it for us.

Turns out that the security people called the house line (well we unplugged THAT the first day we were here, so no such luck on that one!) and then they called Doug's cell (which somehow managed to be out if his hands) and since they received no answer they showed up at our door, only to find us all happy healthy and well NOT burning in a fire....
And THANK GOODNESS!!!!!

So to make a long story longer, the nice firemen invited us for a field trip ANYTIME we wanted (UM DONT THEY KNOW CHILDREN=ELEPHANTS?!?!) So of course over the next week I was bombarded with "mom when are we going to go to the fire station?" Every other hour, until a final day was confirmed.
Making good on our plans, I took the girls to the fire department (showing up like a desperate housewife with my LL) and we enjoyed an hour tour of the truck, inside and out, and the station, inside and out. It will come as no surprise that we were most interested in what they were cooking for dinner and where they slept ;)... But the 100" flat screen, 7 recliners, and weight room were of interest as well. Lol! I know they work hard when they work, but I'd sure like a recliner on MY NIGHT SHIFT!!! Shoulda been a firefighter ;)

Overall an enjoyable time and a fun memory. Actually the best part was the ride IN the fire truck. Isabella and mikenna were in the front seat and I was in the back with savannah.... Lights flashing, sirens blaring, and horn honking and Isabella turns to Mikenna and says, "Well THIS IS BORING" um ya... Hard to please my four year old?!?!

No comments:
Post a Comment