An exciting update on savannah! Her leg is up 33 mm in this picture. This is the actual PRECISE lengthening device in her femur! Crazy. Sooooooo crazy. If you look close you can see the shaft that is lengthening on the actual device.

It's actually quite remarkable. Really. The bone is growing around device and new bone... It will be a much stronger bone than it is now. Wonderful! Double bonus.


I think it's a requirement to go to the Everglades if you live in or visit Florida at one point or another. It is also a requirement to visit disneyworld. I knew that Florida has a lot to offer. More than just those two things but when I think of Florida I think of alligators, beaches, and the happiest place on earth.


So there you have it. When we brought Jannae out here her one request was to see or visit an alligator. As we are a very pleasing people, we have obliged on many occasions this request. You may recall Jannae kissing an alligator. If you don't I will remind you nary you worry.

Anywho, visit the Everglades we did, see and alligator we did, and HOLDING A BABY ALLIGATOR?!?! DONE! I would say we filled that request if you asked me.


We went down to Westin Florida by Fort Lauderdale. It was a pleasant drive with all the children. Snacks, coloring books, and iPads... We kept them busy for an hour. Then they started to get mighty restless. Luckily it was time to get out of the car and into the sweltering heat! Not sure which I prefer but at least one was cooler than the other! Even if it was a cramped space in the car.


The air boat ride was not a disappointment though the other riders may have complained that my screaming baby, who was very much opposed to wearing her life jacket, may have bothered them slightly. Thankfully the airboat was extremely LOUD!

We held baby alligators, saw real life alligators, and took pictures with and next to alligators. It was awesome. We melted into little puddles of sweat but managed to survive. Luckily!



Fun day all around ;)

1 comment:
What a blast! So happy you are doing so many fun things while you're there are her leg is doing well!!
Post a Comment