Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, February 6, 2012

Where did January go?

Ok well I guess a newborn makes things a little crazy around here. Where has the time gone?

I will give some updates and perhaps spread them through a few posts. I know that I should be better at blogging. I mean I check all your blogs, in my google reader of course, but I never write in mine. How am I going to keep track of all the exciting events in my house if I don't blog???

Got all the Christmas decorations down and put away, thank goodness. Was anyone feeling claustrophobic? I do love Christmas and I do love decorating, for the most part, but I always feel boxed in. My house isn't big by any stretch of the imagination and to add to the daily "clutter" well it just makes me plain fidgety. But Problem is GONE, and I have my house back. Cept for the dog, she is still around.

I need to be writing all the funny things that Isabella says, so here goes.

The other day we were riding in the car and she starts crying and rubbing her eyes, then stops. She begins screaming and rubbing her eyes again, then stops. She does this AGAIN and by now I am ready to crawl out of my skin!! I turned around and said, Isabella, what is the matter? To which she replies, Mommy!!! My EYES are CLOSING! She was trying really hard to stay awake because we were going to go to McDonald's. I told her to let her eyes close and I would open them when we got to McDonald's. She totally fell asleep after that. It was awesomeness.

Doug was helping Isabella to the potty the other day, wherein which she went #2. He helped her wipe her bottom and flushed the toilet. She then proceeded to cry for the next 20 minutes, totally distraught, "I wanna flush my pooooooo!" She carried on for some time when in her 3 year brain she thought, well if I make more poo then I can flush it, so she went to the potty only to be completely disappointed that it didn't work that way. So Doug being the genius he is told her to sit on the toilet and grunt. He tossed in a few craisins and our due diligence as parents was complete. She flushed and nary a word since!

After a very emotional departure from grandma's, Isabella was in the back seat crying hysterically that someone had looked at her the wrong way, her hair was in her face (because she had ripped her piggies out), the sky wasn't blue enough, and mom was driving too slow. All of which are just cause for such drama. Interestingly enough, she stopped crying and said, "Mommy my cheeks hurt!!!" Um. DUH!!!

Hope you got a kick out of that. She is a serious delight to our home. A totally healing addition to our family after Daxton died. Love. Her.

No comments: