Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 19, 2010

My New Bike.

I love my new bike. If I wasn't already married, I may consider marrying my bike. It has taken me on new adventures, branched me out to meet new people, and increased my speed and distance. It's awesome.

Last week, my prized possession and I went to Tucson. We learn something new together. My gears were a little loose, so loose that I could twist them on the handle bars. Not Good. I don't know much about bikes, but I knew enough to know that that wasn't good :).

So I took my bike to the people I know that could fix it. My cousins. Well they fixed my gears. They don't move anymore. Then my cousin hopped on my bike and took it for a spin. He likey. Said I made a good choice. When he came back my tire was flat. Huh???? I KNOW it wasn't flat when I brought it down.

Somehow on his little ride there was a little metal thorn what got stuck in the tire and popped the tube. Awesome. So we had a little lesson. I took off my tire with my handy little tools. I looked for the culprit of my misfortune by running my finger inside the tube. I put the tube on and used the really cool CO2 cartridge to fill up my tire. Awesome. Cost $8. And totally worth it. Thanks for the lesson. You owe me a tube :)

I also learned how to pump up my tires. I was dutifully pumping up my tires all week, because they told me that daily was a good time. However, my pump wasn't really working properly in the manner I thought that it should be. Hmmm. So I asked the experts. My cousins. Again.

Turns out my tire had ZERO pressure. That is not good. Especially when it is supposed to be at 140. Nice. Apparently I wasn't pumping up my tires and they were as "flat" as could be. Awesome. Luckily I didn't tell them of my mistake, I may have felt even more foolish. So I learned another helpful piece of information. How to pump up my tire. Very funny. Very blonde.

3 comments:

Doug said...

Guess it was a good thing I bought you a ring before I bought you the bike ;)

S and B H. said...

Where and when do you go riding? I recently bought a Specialized Dolce and am just getting into road riding. I've been thinking about trying to meet up with people.

Steph
p.s. I know your mom :)

Brittany said...

Email me or call me (you can get my number from my mom)

superfitandfab@gmail.com