I know. Its been a little sparse around here. Haven't been very regular. Sorry about that.
I started a new job 2 weeks ago. I have been doing hospital orientation and simulation training. It has been a little overwhelming, but I am mostly a little scared about my first shift tonight. I lied. I am TERRIFIED. Super terrified.
I am a good nurse. I know that I can take care of the babies, but it is always scary to do something new. Always. Why? Why is it always scary? Because we are stepping out of our comfort zone. That is how we grow.
As terrifying as it may be when we step into territory that is new to us, we grow. We learn. We are stretched. It isn't always and fun and it isn't always easy. We "get" to meet new people. We "get" to try new things. We "get" to learn computer charting (which I have NEVER done before), We "get" to learn new rules. We "get" to learn a new "language."
Don't get me wrong. I am grateful to be able to have a new job. But its new. And its terrifying.
I just keep telling myself, "Everything will be ok." "Everything will be ok." "Everything will be ok."
Good luck to me tonight :)
4 comments:
As scary as it is, its also exciting to start a new job. Ive only done it 3 times in my life (and all within the same company so Im not sure if that even counts) but once I get the hang of it, I have usually liked it. I will say I worked for Gilbert Peds for 2 years before we started computer charting so it was SCARY for us and we had to train all over again but we've been doing it for over 2 years now and whenever the computers go down and we have to go back to paper charting, I hate it! I used to think comp charting was so hard and scary but now I never want to go back! :)
Hope all goes well with the new job! :)
You are a super awesome wonder woman! You will do a great job! How blessed they are to have you working for them! I love you Britt! I want to be like you when i grow up! ->Amie
I hope your First Night is AWESOME!! (: Please let us know how it was!
Good luck and congrats on the new job Britt! You will be fabulous! You are amazing at all that you do.
Post a Comment