PG-13 Movies….
We have been in Idaho these last few weeks enjoying the GORGEOUS views, riding tractors, four wheeler rides, horseback riding, and traveling back and forth to Rexburg, MANY late nights of Wacky Six (a super fun card game that you all wish you had), and Just Dance on the Wii (I may need to invest).
On one of the trips to Rexburg, Savannah wanted to watch a movie. A little background. All of the cousins are really into the “ratings” of the movies: PG, PG-13, and what is appropriate for them to watch. Well Savannah wanted to watch Spiderman… because she loves all things BOY. She doesn’t understand ratings or what she should and shouldn’t watch. Heck she barely sits still for ten minutes…. Let alone watching an entire movie. So here is the conversation…..ish.
Savannah, “Papa Ryan, I want to watch Spiderman.”
All kids in the car, “It is PG-13, we can’t watch it.” (all said in individual tiny voices at least ten times)
Savannah, “Papa Ryan, I want to watch Spiderman.” (a little more adamantly than before… ok A LOT)
Papa Ryan, “I am sorry Savannah, it is PG-13 and you aren’t allowed to watch PG-13 movies.”
Savannah, “Papa, I really want to watch Spiderman.” (whining….perhaps screaming as well….with tears)
Papa Ryan, “I am sorry Savannah. We aren’t going to watch it.”
Savannah, (yelling I am sure… and VERY impatiently) “BUT MY OTHER GRANDPA LETS ME!”
Way to rat us all out Savannah…..
We have also been lucky enough to travel to SLC to see my friend from AZ Amy. She has 4 boys. We had just spent the afternoon at a splash pad and so all the kids were in swimsuit attire. We entered Walmart to stock up on some needed supplies: movies, popcorn, cookie dough
While traveling into the store Amy said, “Savannah, whose hand do you want to hold.”
Savannah, (pointing to her 2nd oldest) “Not dis one, he a naked boy (he was only wearing swim trunks)” and she grabbed onto her oldest’s hand and walked in.
After we got into the store one of Amy’s boys asked if Savannah was going to get into the cart, Savannah piped in, waved her hand, and said, “HECK NO.” They all busted up laughing.
That night after getting ready for bed, one of the boys said, “Mom, I can’t wait until tomorrow, so we can have some good laughs with Savannah.”
Animal Sounds
Isabella learned a lot at the farm. She learned about HUGE animals. Some that could potentially eat her… or so she thought. She does NOT like dogs, as evidenced by the freezing motion and high pitched screams for them to leave her alone, which only encourages said obnoxious animals….
She learned that a cow says MOOOOO. In fact, I think she believes that a cow IS a MOO. She puckers up her lips in a cute kissing face and says, MOOOOO. And then in her sweetest voice she says “OW” which is MEOW without the ME. LOL.
She is getting so big. While we were at Granny’s, she LOVED riding the tractors with Papa Ryan, the four wheeler with Colt, and dancing to the Wii. It was hilarious. She followed all of her older cousins around and they just mothered her. Its proving to be more difficult than I thought to break her of her 24/7 attention from all of the little mothers.
Girls at Play
Wow, did Mikenna even go to Idaho? I don’t remember seeing her. Not even at meal time. Thanks to all the aunts who made her a plate when I was feeding Isabella or chasing Savannah. Mikenna just played and played and played and played some more. There are about 6 little girls all within 3 years of each other and they get along so great. I only heard one, “Should we be friends with her? She isn’t being very nice.” Which I PROMPTLY said, I don’t care if she is nice or NOT, SHE IS YOUR FRIEND!!!!
Mikenna was hilarious on the Wii dancing. I would totally post video here…. But I am in it as well. And lets just say, You are GRATEFUL!

13 comments:
Are you coming home yet???
Sounds like you all had a wonderful time.
Maggie
You are having too much fun! The splash pad sounds wonderful.
"Way to rat us all out, Savannah" MWAHAHAHA!
Hilarious! I wouldn't post the video either BTW!
Sounds like you all had a great time!
Have a great weekend,
LOLA:)
PS Mine this time is HERE. Hope you can join me!
Cute post...zoundz like they keep you very busy and entertained....blessings...bkm
hilarious, kids will always rat you out, terrible secret keepers :D
so cute! what personalities! Happy z day to you!
What a fun post. Kids say the funniest things lol. Now you have it on your blog so you'll always remember. Sounds like you had a great trip. Good Z post.
Sounds like a great vacation! Love the things kids will say...Nice post.
Sounds like you are having a great vacation.
Sounds like a wonderful vacation. I was just visiting Idaho in my mind with my husbands Sunday post as well!
This was just a cute stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter "Z"!
Kid stories are always my favorite.
Have a wonderful time!
And thanks for this wonderful link!
A+
Post a Comment