Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, July 26, 2010

DROID

I have a DROID. There I said it out loud....

Whenever I receive a text message, it says "DROID." At first I thought this was annoying, which by the way it is. So I changed it to something more sophisticated.... Lady Gaga. I know. Again. I said it out loud. I only like SOME of her songs.... she is weird. SO then after I figured out that she was weird, I put on Chris Daughtry. I digress.

But then I got a new phone because Isabella tore it apart and the default ring is "DROID."

I was going to fix it except that we were all sitting at the table and my phone beeped "DROID" and Isabella growled. IT WAS HILARIOUS. So whenever my phone says "DROID" Isabella says, "RRRAAAARRRRR!"

So until she stops, my phone will ring the annoying "DROID" because I never get sick of hearing her growl.
_________________________________________________

BY the WAY. Yesterday was her first day in nursery. I have a few things to do right after our first block so I was unable to take her in. Doug took her in and she was fine. Then he left. Then she screamed. Hysterically. It's a good thing she is ADORABLE, so one of the ladies just picked her up and loved on her.

She STILL screamed. HYSTERICALLY.

SO after I was finished with my said tasks, I went in. She was quite clingy and I honestly don't think she will EVER go back, but on the first day to just drop her off and leave???? What kind of mother am I? RUDE!!!! Just ask HER.

Any suggestions on how to "wean" her into her "new" class? HELP!!!!!

4 comments:

marinda said...

doug and britt and kids,
you could just do what i did. dyllan has been to nursery 2 times. yesterday and 1 time before the reunion. he is well 26 mths old. he LOVES LOVES nursery- treats, toys, kids- you know, who wouldn't!
anyway it's ok- i have loved taking him to class and just holding him and loving him.(plus he had a bad winter and was sick a lot)
we were looking at your blog (me and dyllan) and he said, "mom there's banana!" it was pretty cute! he does remember you guys!
we had a great time hangin out- all of us! thanks for comin up
love ya all
max and marinda and kids

Franklin Family said...

It's so hard to know what to do! A couple of things: 1) Continue to have Doug take her, and have him stay 30 minutes the first time, 20 minutes the second time, etc. Sometimes it's a little easier if the dad does it because children have a different reaction to dad leaving than mom. Or 2) You could do the said suggestion. She will continue to cry, but will learn that the nursery leaders can comfort her, too. Good luck and keep us updated!

jen said...

I'm in the "leave 'em screaming" camp. So I may not be a great one to ask. Sorry.

Susan Anderson said...

I am also in the leave 'em screaming camp.

=)