Ok so my brother Adam recently came home from his mission in Bolivia. So much fun to have him home. Will post pics for all you single gals out there, but be forewarned, his wedding has been very much planned to a very special young lady... you know you are... or not :). Mikenna loves uncle adam every bit as much now as she did 2 years ago. He has had a tea party with her and toted her around town, what more could a four year old ask for. She kept saying that when she saw Adam she wanted to give him "licks" yeah don't ask, and when we saw him at the airport, she was VERY shy and didn't want to say much to him at first, but about 20 minutes later she wouldn't let him put her down. Today she said, "mommy I am not scared of Adam any more" good thing!!!
Daxton has had quite the week. He met "Danny the dinosaur" and was none to happy (more like terrified) when introduced. Of course, the dinosaur attacked Mikenna, mommy, and then grandma (good thing it was at various times so he didnt' have a heart attack) but I am sure he is quite traumatized. What he gets for being the youngest I guess.... He loves to go outside, water the garden and grass with dad, and help Savannah get on the bus. His new thing is waving, "ha" "ba" "da" "ma"... and did I mention he LOVES LOVES LOVES uncle Danny. Seriously, it is ridiculous how much he loves him even over ME!!!! the mom!!!! Guess that is what I get for being done nursing :) YEAH!!!
Savannah oh Savannah oh Savannah. Well I gave Daxton a haircut (to which she was not in attendance) and then the next day she decided she wanted ANOTHER self hair cut (yes we did this about 6 months ago and I was devastated). Luckily this time I was sleep deprived (5 hours in 2 days) and didn't even bat an eye. I looked at her and Mikenna had to tell me that her hair was cut. I was so tired I wasn't even seeing straight. I looked at her and thought something was different, but I couldn't put my finger on it... owell. She loves school, Ms. Carla, and riding the bus. She is quite fond of her bus drivers as she spends at least and hour on the bus (I know... sad) but she just chats up a storm with them!! She also wants to play with Josias, a little boy on the bus. Hopefully we can convince his mom that we are safe and set up a play date. We will see though. Savannah has surgery on Thursday to get her tonsils and adenoids out and possible tubes placed, so I will let yall know how that goes.
The kids are getting smarter. Doug is really good about reading scriptures with them and the other day they were reading in the New Testament reader about being resurrected and Savannah mentioned that Copper (my mom's dog) had died and wanted to know if she would be resurrected.... Doug said "yes" and she promptly searched the scriptures for Copper.... oh so funny.
Well that is the past month in a nut shell.... will try to do better. I will also post pictures but seeing that I am at work... can't really do that. (shhhh don't tell)
Toodles
3 comments:
;)
I have been wanting to tell you how adorable your family photos are. It is great to hear all the funny things the little ones come up with.
hey my blog went private...email me your email address and I will add you to my list... www.briannamallen80@yahoo.com
Post a Comment