Today I went to crossfit. Just like I have almost everyday since my running injury. Oh yes. I have a running injury. Turns out I am prone (self proposed) to hip bursitis while training for marathons. 5 or something years ago I was training for the Sedona marathon, I am sure if you wanted to sift through this blog you could find the post on that... But this is the post in this round...
About 4 months ago I was feeling amazing. Training for marathon number two. The runs were easier, the weather was great, and the company awesome. Then one day I woke up n couldn't walk!!! What the heck? I had felt this feeling before... I really didn't want it to be true. Went to the doctor, took some Ibuprofen, used some essential oils, did some stretches and repeat. And repeat again.
So after all the resting and stretching and drugs I put my love for running on hold because I literally can't take two jogs without being in an incredible amount of pain... And it's been 4 months. I joined crossfit and haven't looked back. I have been trying to eat better and get stronger. I will (and do) miss running, more than I could ever explain.
I'm pretty strong. Well I would like to think I was... Until I joined crossfit. I'm not the fastest or the strongest or the fittest, but I have the most heart. This morning my heart was a little bit broken when I couldn't box jump successfully. Many factors attributed to this sad little mishap: bad decisions like eating crap all weekend, not drinking enough water, and probably not enough sleep, and maybe Mother Nature....
I started out strong with a row but could feel that there was something amiss. I. To the box jumps... Yep the box jumps 20". Not even that high! It's high but it's not the highest by any means and generally I clear it just fine... Except for today. I jumped once. Well that was ok. I jumped twice. That wasn't better. Again for a third time. I slipped but nothin major. Made my fourth box jump... Could have been better. Then came the fifth jump. Bad news. I came crashing down hard on the box like I hadn't cleared 150 box jumps the week before. And now I have a battle wound to show for it.
Just goes to show that all the decisions we make (some in our control and some not) have natural consequences... So make good choices. (In this case done eat like crap all weekend bc then you play catch up all week and that's NO FUN).

1 comment:
Went for my first time last week. Went Monday night I am so sore
Post a Comment