Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

It is Mother's Day. So I guess I should do a post on it :) Here goes nothing.

Mother's Day is an interesting day. A day we honor our mothers. A day our children honor us/appreciate us.

I had some expectations of what I wanted my mother's day to look like. Breakfast in bed, kids dressed and ready to go to church 30 minutes before church, long afternoon nap, no preparation of meals, sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing....etc.

But here's the deal. I am a mother. I like being a mother. I can't sit by because it's my job. It is what I love. I love being a mother. I love getting my kids up and ready for the day. I love eating at the table with them. I love sitting/fighting in church with them to get them to be quiet. I love to wake up to Isabella needing me or Savannah knocking on her door to be let out, and I love to cook for my family. It is not in my nature to just sit and watch.

I did however, get CUTE cards, chocolate, breakfast IN bed, a NAP!, and some yummy dinner NOT cooked by me, by my amazing husband :). Thanks babe!

We got to talk to my brother, Elder Walter in Portugal. It was great. He looks good (you look good Danny) :). It was good to talk to him (to you!). I just wish Isabella would have sang you a song. She is HILARIOUS!

My only wish is that I would have been able to receive a call from MY missionary. I mean come on. Daxton is serving a mission. Shouldn't I get a phone call twice a year with an update? Boy that would surely be nice. Alas, it is not so. I get to visit his grave. At the cemetery. And call that good enough. Sometimes it just plain sucks. Yes I said it. The "S" word, at least it was filtered :).

I wish he were here. Going on walks with us, pushing his monster trucks around the neighborhood, throwing balls at Mikenna, picking up bugs with Savannah comparing the biggest one, and being a big brother to Isabella.

However, I know that Daxton is serving a great mission. I can feel it. I know he is involved in a great work. I just wish I could get a report. Someday Tiff. Someday.... just not today.

Hope you all had a GREAT Mother's Day. I love you mom. Happy Mother's Day.

6 comments:

Kelsie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelsie said...

I have been reading your blog from happy little Utah for a few years now. I actually thought of you on Mother's Day this year. I want you to know that even though I will never understand what you are going through, you inspire me to make the best that I can out of anything. Thank you for being a good example to me.

Amy said...

Happy Mother's day to you too. I'm so glad you had a great day and how much you treasure your little ones!

I know Daxton is an incredible missionary. I wish I knew what Ella was up to, what she was thinking and feeling, and whether or not she's with me or off teaching the gospel. I'm just glad to know she's mine.

Margaret said...

Yes we do have 2 missionaries out. and I love you too. So grateful for you in every way. Thanks for making being a mom so great...

Lyndy said...

you have the most beautiful family Britt, and they have the most beautiful momma! love you!

KC said...

I was not looking forward to mothers day, not wanting to go to church and hear all those cheesy talks about moms, but I've realized that there are a lot of other people who have a much harder time with mothers day (I'm sure more than me).. all the women who have never had a baby, all the women who have kids who have left them and don't call or visit.. so yeah, maybe I shouldn't feel so sorry for myself.