Had so much fun at time it for women with my home girl Michelle Twilley. We crossfit together. And you know crossfitters they just can't stop talking about crossfit.... See? I sad crossfit like 8 times in two sentences. But that is for another post!
I love Time out. It's a great place to be rejuvenated to get away from life for a few days... Aka 24 hours... By the way does that even count? Can you just go away for 24 hours and have it count as being away? I'm going to vote no. Ok I've digressed several times already. Ok. Back to TOFW.
Had such a great time listening to Nashville Tribute Band play their testimony of the Redeemer. It was truly inspirational. And to listen to Jon Byethway talk about the importance of forgiveness and repentance as he told the story of the Prodigal Son. I loved listening to Elaine Dalton talk about the worth of a soul and Emily Watts talk about shining the light ahead. The light of Christ. There were so many great presenters!
All I kept thinking though was that I needed to be up there. I crave to be up there. Sharing my message and my story with so many women. I don't think I'm better than any of them but I think I have something to share. I hope I have something worthy of sharing. What's the point of it all if I can't share the lessons I have learned through my life experiences. ... So this year I did something different.... No I didn't write a book in one month have it published and then speak at a Deseret book sponsored conference. I wish. No I ushered. I welcomed ladies to the event and showed them where to sit and ensured that no one seat was left opened. It was a really important job...actually maybe I will keep telling myself that. No seriously. I loved it. It was fun to walk around and to take in all the women who were in attendance. 4350. Pretty remarkable.
But there was one woman who stood out to me. Her name was Brooke Whiting. I heard her name mentioned and then I walked away. Not ten minutes later did a cute girl about my age show up asking where the producer was and where she was supposed to sit. She told me her name and I remembered it so I was able to seat her in the right spot. Come to find out, Brooke had spent the last 7 months in Utah at the cancer institute receiving chemotherapy and radiation. She left her family for 7 months and was now returning to them. I couldn't even imagine. When asked if she could now see the light at the end of the tunnel she replied that she could not but that she carried the light with her through the tunnel.
I thought this was so profound and have pondered it nonstop. The tunnel can be representative of anything. It could be joy or sorrow or a trial or life in general. And the light I thought signified the light of Christ. He is the only one that knows our pains and our sorrows and fears and joys. He laughs and rejoices with us in times of happiness and he mourns with us in those times of sorrow. He is the only one who knows exactly how we feel ALL OF THE TIME. He is our light. We only have to light the torch to ask him to walk with is.


1 comment:
Love it! Thanks for sharing and keep going with it!
Post a Comment