Daxton Box

I have created a NEW website for the Daxton Box. Please visit www.daxtonsbox.blogspot.com

Monday, January 2, 2012

Merry Christmas!

On Thursday night before Christmas, we had a December birthday party with all those who have bdays in December, which is almost half of our family!!! or at least the in laws :). We also did our sibling and cousin gift exchange. This year we decided to do one "fun" gift and one nice gift. It didn't go over as well with my family as it does with the Kunz's family. It is always a bowl of laughter to see what the siblings got for each other. For instance, this year Doug got his brother in law a faux hair hat and a t shirt that said, "I pooped today." We tried to replicate this gift for my brother and well we got some good laughs, but I am sure he would have rathered something different. Owell. Next year :)

On Friday we had another party of gingerbread making contest and yummy food and treats. Then Saturday was filled with MORE food and fun when we opened up PJs, did the nativity story, and visited the temple lights, followed by hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls at grandma's. Ya, we could do worse :). On Christmas day, we woke up super "early" and opened presents, got ready for church, then went to gma's to talk to Danny via Skype. It was REALLY great to talk to you Danny. YOU DA BOMB DIGGITY DOG! We missed church. UGH. But we had a great time with Daniel and then a huge breakfast with the family. It was a great Christmas. Monday. I just stayed in bed all day. It. Was. Great.

We were very blessed, actually EXTREMELY blessed this season to have a healthy baby girl, healthy mama, and a happy 4th grader moved to a different school far far away from the wicked witch of her old elementary school. I hope ya'lls Christmas was equally rewarding and loverly :).
Unfortunately those 3 pictures are the only ones of our Christmas at our house... Owell. We will try to do better next year!

1 comment:

Gel said...

I love that u tried the funny gifts!! As for our fun gift u gave us.. It was the best gift,(I'm not sure what my neighbors will think when I wear that shirt!) colts gift was also classic... Love to give fun gifts!!
Glad u r feeling better