There have been some ups and downs around here lately. Like a really LONG roller coaster ride or a REALLY hilly marathon! But we (I) am doing better. I have just been seeing a lot of tragedy happen around me and sometimes I wonder why bad things happen to such GOOD people.
And then I remember a friend telling me the answer, "Because, the GOOD people can handle it." I am not sure how I feel about that, but I always go back to Elder Holland when he said, "Where are you going to go when it gets tough? You won't find what you are looking for if you leave the sanctuary of the church. You just won't." Those aren't his exact words, but I take away from that that I am where I need to be and the others around me are exactly where they need to be.
Its in the hard times that we see what we are truly made of. It is there that we grow stronger.
1 comment:
I really like that... "because the good people can handle it"... The whole time we were going through our little thingy, I kept thinking that this was SUPPOSED to happen to us... not anyone else, but else.. we were strong, and had proven that we could handle it, and that we wouldn't lose the faith, and stop going to church.. even though it was going to be a test of our faith for sure...but that we were the ones that needed something a little bigger than the average to make us stronger. We had already been through some other terrible things, but now it was time for something that is usually considered really tough. Whether this be good or bad, but whenever I see, watch or hear stories of the prophet Joseph and all they children they had to burry I think--"wow, I've been through something similar.." It gives me more understanding for people like that. I'm blabbering, but one more thought--- Any "GREAT" person I've met in my life (you know who I'm talking about--those that you just say--"Wow..this is what the Celestial Kingdom will be like" --those people ALL have something in common--they've all endured MANY trials in their life...and that's what makes them great
Post a Comment